This post marks my first one that has nothing to do with Disney.
Weird....
There happen to be many amazing things in my life that do not involve Disney.
E.g., BYU
My time (let's be honest here, my whole life at the moment) is centered around school.
The good.
The bad.
The everything.
This post focuses on what I love about Provo: the people you have the opportunity to be around and the memories you can make together.
In the midst of torturous papers, daily quizzes, stress-packed midterms, and draining study sessions that make you want to pull your own hair out,
many things exist that one can be extremely grateful for.
I thank God every day for these blessings.
While my past two weekends don't measure up to getaway at the Happiest Place on Earth,
they are memorable adventures all by themselves. :)
Ones that I will treasure forever.
Friday, January 27:
After my last class, Amy and I put in a few hours of work (I sure do love my job!)
and then we headed back to our apt for some downtime (i.e., activities that do not require any brain waves).
Agenda: Chick flick time!
Chosen romance: Ever After
Sometimes, I just crave this movie! It sure can hit the spot!
(I guess this post does not entirely eliminate Disney because Ever After is a Cinderella story--haha it's inevitable. Disney is all around me!)
After using no brain power, I jumped to relying on every one of my brain waves!
ISYS was on my mind and in my books.
For a few hours, I actually was productive with homework.
But, then the time came for Friday-night partying!
Ames and I attended our Stake Dance and danced the night away with Matt, Jared, Kramer, and Brennan.
During high school, I would not have been caught dead at a stake dance.
But, surprisingly, Provo Singles Wards sure know how to put on a good show!
We had a lot of fun!
While driving away from the church, a convo was started among Amy, Jared, Matt, and I about Mormon-partying vs "the other side" of partying.
So, we decided to play into the cliche by going to SPARK, a Mormon night club.
Unexpectedly, the place was pretty relaxing and chill--a great way to settle down from extreme dancing.
Matt and I enjoying our "drinks."
I drank a Berry Martini which was soooo good!
Amy and Jared savoring ice cream sodas.
They were nice enough to let me have a taste.
SPARK experiment = SUCCESS!
Saturday was filled with more homework, a delicious, homemade lunch with Forrest, and more homework.
Then, Saturday night came. :)
Little Caesars began our party, and then it was time for some good b-ball!
Thanks to Miriam's amazing family, we did not have to camp out in order to get seats to the game. It was so nice of them to let us steal their spots!
The game started out great...but then ended in pure frustration and sadness.
Dang St. Mary's.
Definitely not how a BYU game should be experienced.
Nonetheless, we got a cute picture out of it :)
Amy, Miriam, and I at the BYU vs St. Mary's
Basketball game
Thanks to Adams 5, we did not have to end the night on a bad note.
That's what good parties can fix.
Kramer, Hayden, Brennan, and Taylor sure know how to throw a good time!
Now to combine two weekends into one post!
After taking my very first midterm, I was able to celebrate by going to another basketball game.
This time, we actually had to wait in line.
But, thanks to Miriam and Jon, we got great seats in the intense student section!
This game against Gonzaga was how a BYU basketball game should be!
A great win!
Better luck next time, Gonzaga.
Amy and I at the BYU vs. Gonzaga basketball game
I nicknamed this particular weekend my "cultural weekend," for every one of my activities had an ethnic theme.
Friday, February 3: Crepes and Salsa?
The much anticipated "Crepe night with Charles" finally arrived!
Charles served his mission in France; therefore, he knows how to distinguish a true crepe from a fake one.
Plus, he knows how to bring France to Provo, UT!
I haven't had this good of a dinner since I was last in Paris!
Turkey and cheese dinner crepes followed by dessert crepes topped with peanut butter, nutella, chocolate chips, strawberries, and whipped cream!!
YUM!
Second part of the night called for a salsa twist. Salsa Chocolate that is!
(read this with a Spanish accent: choc-O-latte)
Salsa Chocolate was the name of the club we almost went salsa dancing at.
That's right. SALSA DANCING!
David and McKay promised to take us dancing for a long time!
Lucky for us, they came through with their promise. :)
So, that night Amy, Miriam, Rachel, Brennan, McKay, David, Russ, Searle, and I headed to The Loft for some salsa fun!
Every Friday night at The Loft is Salsa Night!
I can honestly say I have never had as much fun dancing as I did that night.
Sorry, even the stake dance didn't measure up.
There's just something about organized groups and choreographed steps (which I never mastered, but I tried) that add a whole new element of excitement to a dance party.
This was my first time salsa dancing, so I probably stood out like a sore thumb.
I was not good at all.
Nevertheless, it was so much fun!
Big thanks to all the guys who put up with my clumsy feet.
Miriam showing off her salsa moves!
Candid picture of us pretending like we knew how to salsa.
Thanks Michael Arnell.
Ready, set, Salsa pose!
We painted our nails for the occasion--with one glitter finger
on each hand!
(Left to right) Miriam, me, Rachel, Amy
Rachel and I were excited to "salsa" dance the night away!!

No comments:
Post a Comment