Today, I enjoyed enjoying Sabbath morning in Elko, Nevada, hometown of my incredible roommate of three years, Miriam Shumway. This roommate Elko weekend has been in the works for awhile. I am so glad we finally made it happen! A post will appear soon depicting our adventures in Northern Nevada. :)
Being able to experience a place that is held so dear to Miriam has made me ponder on the little things that can make one smile...and how those smile enhancers are different for everybody.
While rummaging through pages of an old notebook, I found a journal entry from New Years that addressed this very topic! I guess today isn't the first time I have thought about God's simple, beautiful creations.
A little preface:
My family and I spent our 2012 New Year's holiday in Walt Disney World. J
What started out as a little experiment transformed into a new family tradition. (I will also write a post on that trip soon.) I wrote this journal entry on New Year's day, retelling the events that occurred. My mom and I were shopping in Downtown Disney, and one of the stores we visited was my favorite work location, D Street.
D Street is the flagship store of the unique theme-park merchandise, Vinylmation. These Mickey Mouse-shaped figurines serve as canvas for Disney artists to create collectible toys with many cool designs! The series range from styles inspired after theme-park attractions, Disney villains and characters, holidays, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story, and many others.
To find out so much more information about this exclusive theme-park merchandise than I can give, visit the
official Vinylmation website.
D Street is the flagship store of the unique theme-park merchandise, Vinylmation. These Mickey Mouse-shaped figurines serve as canvas for Disney artists to create collectible toys with many cool designs! The series range from styles inspired after theme-park attractions, Disney villains and characters, holidays, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story, and many others.
To find out so much more information about this exclusive theme-park merchandise than I can give, visit the
official Vinylmation website.
![]() |
| Vinylmation creations in D Street |
"Mom and I started our Downtown Disney shopping adventure on the West Side at D Street where we purchased a whole box of Disney Vinylmation Urban Six series for super cheap. Mom has decided that she eventually wants to collect enough vinyl sets to make a shadow box table similar to the one in D Street. We are not extreme Vinylmation fans (like some guests I’ve encountered) but it is fun to pick and choose the sets we like. J
Urban Six is not as cute as the Park Seven series that we recently bought, but the boys really like the Urban design. This was my example of God’s Magic for today. Different vinyl series are created to fit the various personalities of the guests. I laugh inside when I witness guests get excited over some figures that I think are just downright ugly (I hope I don’t get in trouble for saying that). On the other hand, some people think the ones I like are too cutesy and cheesy.
Because there are so many different kinds of designs that fit just about everyone’s style, all are happy in the end. J
(However, I won’t be fully satisfied until a Disney Princess set is made.)
Just like Vinylmation artists have designed different styles of vinyl figurines,
God has created a world bursting with many different passions.
I think about my love for Disney and how excited I get over Anything Disney (remember my Pinterest board? See it here).
Mom has that same love for traveling and exploring a new country or culture that she’s never interacted with before. Dad gets giddy over anything that has to do with airplanes or his Harley. Jordy loves everything about the 80s and the moments she can capture on her new camera. And currently, the boys eat, drink, dream, and breathe fantasy basketball (and about anything else that has to do with football and basketball).
While our passions are completely different, and the same amount of enthusiasm may not be shared with every member of the family, there is still some part of this big world that makes us thrilled, animated, and blissful.
This passion becomes our own happy thought that makes us fly, or
the pixie dust that fills our life with magic.
God has created one magical world.”



No comments:
Post a Comment