| Photo courtesy of SkyWest.com |
In sacrament meeting last Sunday, this girl gave a really sweet and spiritual talk that I was completely inspired by! I was so enlightened by her words of simple testimony, I just had to write about/share it!
The topic was on missionary work, and one of the stories she shared was about her mom's conversion.
Her mom was on an airplane and happened to strike a conversation with her seat-neighbor, a Mormon.
(The word "airplane" immediately grabbed my attention! Haha, I love my traveling family!)
When inquiring of the reasons for one another's travel, the topic of the man's beliefs came up. The conversation was fairly short and not preachy, but the mom was so impressed with his kindness and caring countenance. So, she looked further into the Church, met with more members and missionaries, and eventually converted. :)
She has never seen that LDS passenger again. However, her encounter with him changed her life, and all it took was a simple airplane-conversation to spike her interest.
She has never seen that LDS passenger again. However, her encounter with him changed her life, and all it took was a simple airplane-conversation to spike her interest.
I loved that story, especially since I have been blessed to have had airplane chairs as a second "bed" for me. (Oh, who am I kidding? There are even airplane seats in the living room of my STG home!) I have trained myself to instantly fall asleep once I am situated in an airplane chair, despite its comfortableness.
I should definitely start to try to stay awake during those long minutes and have a conversation with a fellow passenger. I'll never know if even a short one will make all the difference :) This story reminded me of the scripture:
". . . By small and simple things are great things brought to pass . . ." (Alma 37:6)
A short airplane-conversation (a "small and simple thing") ignited a conversion (a "great thing")! That is such an amazing thought to me! I hope that my own encounters with others have the potential to make even a fraction of the difference that LDS passenger made for the girl's mom. What motivation!
No comments:
Post a Comment