Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter Weekend


I have just loved the fact that General Conference and Easter have been only a week apart!  
My family traveled up to Salt Lake for both occasions.  We truly have been blessed.  Jordy and Bop live in SLC; my parents and brothers are only an hour flight away; and I have learned to really enjoy the hour drive from Provo.  I know our close proximity to each other will not last forever; so, we might as well make the best of it while we can!
Also, what better occasions to be situated so close to each other on the calendar then listening to the mouthpieces of my Heavenly Father and celebrating the glorious resurrection of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.


This Easter, I was truly missing this place.



 

The Garden Tomb in Jerusalem, Israel is such a peaceful and sacred place.  I’m so grateful I had the opportunity to go there—let alone live four life-changing months in the country!
I’m also eternally thankful that I was able to experience where Christ was with my family.  Our Jerusalem trip will always be treasured in my heart.


While I am forever in debt to my scholarships, my family, and my Heavenly Father for making it possible for me to live abroad in Jerusalem, I have a firm testimony that I did not have to see the empty tomb to know that Christ has risen.  His selfless acts of grace, sacrifice, kindness, and mercy were out of love towards all of God’s children.  There are times when I definitely do not deserve the sacrifices Christ has endured on my behalf.  However, I have faith that through Christ’s atonement, I can move closer and closer to perfection—to deserve the love and blessings that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have bestowed upon me.

Easter 2012 was spent at Bop’s house with extended family.  Bop planned one of her famous family dinners, complete with turkey, cranberry sauce, vegetable mix, jello, Bop’s addicting homemade rolls, and loving family! :)


Jordy and my Easter present to the family were Kouing Amans from Les Madeleine's and donuts from Banbury Cross.  Yeah, we sure scored!  This picture of an exotic, gypsy-like version of Jay was taken outside of Les Madeleine's.

Look at the Betty Crockers we have here!
They are hastily preparing for the big Easter dinner.
Bop is busy rolling out the dough for her to-die-for homemade rolls!
Jordy and Davis are having way too much fun 
cutting up strawberries.
Yum!





My Easter basket :) 
The Easter Bunny knows me all too well.
This cute bag was filled with Reese's, Stride, new headphones, and nail polish!


Mom made up darling Easter presents for everyone--complete with her unbelievably-delicious caramel, chocolate-covered pretzel sticks!
I got my own Easter cookie from Mrs. Backer's Bakery!


Me, Mari, and Jordy.
Family forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment