Friday, January 13, 2012

It all started with a Mouse...or a Mom :)

This is the beginning of a long list of blog posts all dedicated to something I truly love...anything DISNEY!
Yep, I love Disney!  Every time I see the Disney logo I get chills.  
I could watch a Disney movie anytime.
I've been to every Disney park worldwide (California, Florida, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Paris!).
My room is covered with Disney decorations.
I might even have an entire board on Pinterest dedicated to Disney that I may have spent an entire day creating, and that could possibly contain the most pins. :)
Right now, I am currently listening to my Disney station on Pandora.
Yep, I love it!



Also...

I just think everyone should love Disney!

Walt once said, “It all started with a mouse.” 
In my story, it all started with a mom. 
A mom who loved Disney (probably as much I do now), taught her husband to love Disney, and then they taught their kids to…you guessed it: LOVE DISNEY.
Ever since I was born, my parents have been taking me to a Disney park at least two times a year.  Now, I’m not trying to brag – just trying to pinpoint the origin of my Disney obsession.  My parents told me that the only successful method in putting me to sleep when I was little was Disney sing-alongs.  (Is it sad that I actually remember those?  The opening tune is stuck in my head right now.) 
So, I blame my parents for my Disney passion.  Just kidding… I will always thank them for it.

Disneyland – Anaheim, California


California Adventure – Anaheim, California

Tokyo Disneyland – Tokyo, Japan

Euro Disneyland – Paris, France

Magic Kingdom – Orlando, Florida

Hollywood Studios – Orlando, Florida

Epcot – Orlando, Florida

Animal Kingdom – Orlando, Florida

Hong Kong Disneyland – Hong Kong, China


Disney Cruise Line

Last summer, Disney officials broke ground to begin construction on another theme park… in Shanghai, China!  In about five years from now, I will be there opening day!  Well, hopefully…

There is one other factor that contributes to my love of the Walt Disney Company…

I actually wear the name tag!

That’s right.  I am an official Disney Cast Member.  In October, 2009, I just happened to look at a random advertisement on BYU campus that changed my life.  It happened to look like this:


The sequence of events went as follows: I attended the internship meeting, applied via web interview, was offered a phone interview, opened my mailbox to find the best envelope ever received that year (except for my acceptance letter into BYU, of course), checked the box to officially accept the internship, finished my freshman year, packed my bags, boarded a flight, and… was welcomed to what would become my second home: Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
On April 24, 2010, I became an official Disney Merchandise Cast Member in the Downtown Disney West Side area.  I started as part of the college program; but when that internship ended in August of 2010, my manager transferred me to a seasonal position.  So, I am currently a cast member and I return to Florida every summer to work.  I absolutely love it! 
I hope to someday pursue a corporate position at Disney.
Hey, a dream is a wish your heart makes!
(I will make sure to post about the internship that changed my life sometime soon.)

Well, this post must end because…

MY ROOMMATES AND I ARE LEAVING RIGHT NOW FOR DISNEYLAND!!!


Holiday weekend in Cali?!  Don’t mind if we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment